Monday, May 16, 2016

This year's gear list...

This is subject to change without any warning... cause duh, things happen (especially on the trail). Sometimes it eats your gear or sometimes you just suddenly decide you really want to wear a stupid cotton t-shirt you bought at the goodwill in town. Honestly I only make these super detailed lists because I like to play with them and see how changing certain items affects my base weight (hence the notations in the far right columns).

In the future I probably won't do these anymore. I'd rather just give you folks a general idea of what I'm using, rather than have a bunch of brand names attached to all of my stuff. Why? Because I'm not trying to sell y'all stuff. That's not what this is about. Because I just don't care about naming off things like "zpacks large cuben stuff sack". I don't want to give people the impression that they absolutely have to have a "zpacks large cuben stuff sack", because what the fuck, of course you don't need that bullshit. John Z uses fucking plastic grocery bags as "stuff sacks". Those are literally trash, but he's turned them into gear. He's also making his own gear now, which I think I'm going to take a stab at soon... Honestly that's the kind of thruhiking I want to promote. Lists are a good frame of reference, but you need to figure out what works best for you by just hitting the trail. You'll learn real quick what's extraneous and what you absolutely gotta have.

In fact, since I mentioned John Z, why don't you just go have a look this video he made.

Scroll to the right if you want the weight (oz), at the bottom is the sum total, base weight and worn.



No comments:

Post a Comment