Friday, April 24, 2015

Day 3: Eternal Rain

Wet. Everything is wet.

Creepy crawlies thrive in the rain. Hikers? Not so much.

We break down camp in the rain, we set up camp in the rain, we eat in the rain, we brush our teeth in the rain, we do everything... In the rain. It's literally impossible to not be totally soaked at this point.

The best part? The forecast predicts a whole week of rain to come... Jesus christ, Georgia. What is this, the book of Genesis? Seriously, I feel like I accidentally got caught in a forty day (and night) downpour meant to drown all the AT thruhikers in a never ending torrent of (unfiltered) water.

Walking into purgatory.

On a positive note, walking through the misty forests while green ferns shoot up through the ground makes me think I'm walking through Morrowind. High five to anyone who understands that reference. 

Blood Mountain, an ominous name for ominous weather.

Also, I figured out how to set up my tent/polycro so that I don't slide around all night. Looks like tonight will be a little bit more enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment