Friday, April 24, 2015

Day 4: Mountain Crossings Kitty


Mountain Crossings. You are a precious baby angel. Laundry, shower, hostel, and a brief reprieve from walking through ankle deep mud.

Seriously, the dead-leaf-soaked mud trails feel and sound like stepping in a bowl of cereal that someone left out overnight. Yuck.


As I write this I'm sitting on a bunk with the insides of my backpack strung up just about everywhere in a desperate attempt to help things dry out. It's... sort of working? I hope?

At least I, myself, my body, is dry. I can't speak for my shoes or my Houdini, but my skin is no longer wet and wrinkled. 

I'm starting to think I've sent myself too much food. Oh well, looks like I'll be hella over eating for a few days.

In regards to vegan food to be found in Mountain Crossings... Well, there's some. They have some obvious things like clif bars and chips, but they also have a small selection of produce.



There's also some dehydrated vegan meals of the Alpine Aire and Good-to-Go varities.




And they have Near East Couscous and Thai Kitchens.



All in all, not a bad place to resupply for (non gluten free) vegans, but also not excellent. Be ready to spend a pretty penny on your food.

Edit: Don't know why the font is blue and can't change it... Also, this is a cat from Mountain Crossings:


1 comment: