Monday, September 7, 2015

Still alive.

So we're in Stratton, Maine and I have a variety of excuses as to why I haven't updated this blog since Vermont (bad reception, long days, a visit from my dad, I still feel bad), but the truth is that I just spend most of my time (not hiking) just trying to feel okay.

That shouldn't be an amazingly hard task, but as you all know, something is wrong with me and I am beginning to fear it's chronic.

Regardless, we just hit the 2000 mile marker which means we're under 200 miles from the end of this journey. I know that sounds like a lot, but 200 miles is almost nothing to us at this point.

It's hard to wrap my head around the fact that we're nearing the end, but we're ready for it. Our bodies and minds and wallets have been stretched to the maximum of their capabilities (and beyond... far beyond in some instances).

I'm going to spend the next few days catching up on what's happened in the last couple weeks, because chances are good that I won't get another opportunity.

After that, you won't hear from me again until we've all had existential crisises atop Katahdin.


See you then.

2 comments:

  1. Super proud of you three and grateful you've made the effort, rocked the AT, and shared it with us

    ReplyDelete