Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Day 67: The body get weak...

 ...If the body don't move. Or at least that's what Stic.Man (of Dead Prez fame, fellow vegan warrior) told me in a song of his. And I can't help but have that line play through my head every other minute that I'm not on the trail.

I know that realistically I'm not losing any of my fitness, but I'm just antsy to get back on the trail and crush more miles.

However, we're still in Maryland. Why is that? Several reasons.

1) I went to a doctor that refused to prescribe me antibiotics for whatever intestinal problem I'm having. You see, I don't have any observable symptoms like a fever, so I was told to go get a blood test or stool sample for giardia. But I don't have health insurance, so there's no way I'm going to spend more money on getting a stool sample that will probably result in a false negative anyhow. So I'm still without antibiotics and still suffering and not knowing what to do. 

2) Stevie hasn't slept more than five hours in four days. Places Stevie has slept recently: A patch of grass behind a Walmart, the lobby of a Marriott, and the Washington DC bus station. So we're going to let him get some real sleep and at least enjoy his time off trail.

3) Cheyanne hadn't actually gotten to hang out with her sister much on account of her work and school schedule. So today was our day to do that.

While we're on the subject, I want to throw out a huge thank you to Brittany (Cheyanne's sister). She's provided just about everything possible for three hungry, tired, and somewhat sick hikers. Rides, food, laundry, shower, netflix, a bed! You name it. Our stay has been very luxurious and we're extremely grateful.

Other highlights from today and yesterday: Jurassic World was pretty much a huge bummer, green curry is still the best food in the world, probiotics are better than antibiotics, I still love Brittany's dog (Rowdy).




No comments:

Post a Comment